What Should I do After Being Involved in a Car Accident?
February 17th, 2020
Car accidents are extremely jarring, and oftentimes both physically and financially devastating. That being said, having a plan in place before an accident happens can help reduce the stress of the event and simultaneously boost your chances of winning a personal injury claim in the future. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about car accidents, what to do after one, and how we can help you through the claims process. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What causes car accidents?
Car accidents happen for various reasons, though the most common, rather unsurprisingly, is driver negligence. Some of the most prevalent types of driver negligence we see on the road today include texting while driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding, driving while fatigued, and more.
What do I do after a car accident?
If you plan on filing a personal injury claim, there are several steps you should take to maximize your chances of recovering financial compensation. These steps are as follows:
- Immediately after the accident, call 911. The police will send an ambulance on your behalf.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive at the scene, you should take pictures of the accident and politely ask the other driver for his or her insurance information, as long as you are still physically capable of doing so.
- Additionally, it is always good to ask any witnesses of the accident for their contact information so they can help verify your personal injury claim. Business cards, phone numbers, and email addresses are all useful.
- Once you are transported to and treated at a hospital, make sure you ask your doctor for all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries before you are discharged. This documentation may help bolster your claim.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney. It is never a good idea to try and file a personal injury claim on your own, and our firm has years of experience assisting those wrongly injured in auto accidents recover the financial compensation they deserve and need. We are here to help--all you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
Here at the Ruben Law Firm, we understand how much your legal situation means to you. That is why we pledge to provide you with the personalized attention you deserve, every step of the way. Our firm is more than happy to assist you through matters of personal injury law, bankruptcy, family law, criminal defense, and estate planning. Attorney Ruben has helped clients achieve favorable results in a wide array of legal matters for years, and he is ready to do the same for you. Simply contact the Ruben Law Firm today.
Categories: Auto Accident, Personal Injury