David Ruben is a native of Silver Spring, Maryland, and has lived and worked in the Baltimore Metropolitan area since 1989. He is a husband and father of three children. Mr. Ruben inherited his strong work ethic and sense of compassion for those in need from his father and hero, a pharmacist, who owned and operated an independent drug store in Washington DC for nearly 40 years. With an undergraduate degree in finance and economics and as a doctor of jurisprudence, Mr. Ruben has combined his experience, knowledge, talent and expertise to represent Maryland residents with skill and dedication in a wide variety of areas of the law. Mr. Ruben welcomes the opportunity to speak with you directly and provide advice to you with regard to your legal issue.
Philosophy and Approach:
- The single most important quality that people are looking for in a law firm is trust, and it is our job to fulfill that requirement.
- All clients should be treated with respect, dignity and courtesy at every stage of their case. All clients are human beings, and should be treated as so.
- It is important to always honor your clients wishes, even if you don't agree.
- Thinking outside the box can lead to creative solutions and ideas.
- One of the biggest parts of communication is being an open listener.
- Maryland Super Lawyer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top Lawyers in Maryland - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Lawyers of Distinction Honor - 2017, 2018, 2019
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators - 2018, 2019
- The Global Directory of Who's Who Honors 2013
- Attorney and Practice Magazines Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyers of 2019
- Strathmores Who's Who Worldwide 2016
- Strathmore Who's Who Honors 2014
- Elite Lawyers Family Law 2020
- The Marquis Whos Who 2019, 2020
- Americas Most Honored Professionals Top 5 Percent 2017
- Member of the Maryland Bar since 1991
- Member of the United States District Court since 1992
- Maryland Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Maryland State Bar
- Bankruptcy Section of the Maryland State Bar
- University of Baltimore, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude (May 1991) Member of Law Review
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelors of Arts in Finance and Economics (1988)