Susan Land has been practicing law for over 25 years. In November of 2020, she joined the Ruben Law Firm as the lead attorney of the Will Preparation and Estate Planning Division. Her warm and friendly nature in addition to her many years of teaching and practicing law allows clients to be confident in her ability to craft a plan for their future.
Susan has been deeply involved in the law community for many years. Over the past two decades she has held many leadership roles across various councils, committees, and associations, inspiring others and providing invaluable knowledge and perspective to her colleagues.
She was born and raised in Baltimore and now lives in Columbia. In her free time, Susan enjoys cooking, hiking, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family.
Philosophy and Approach
- Providing high quality service is the upmost important part of representing a client.
- There is value in being involved in the legal sphere outside of just practicing law.
- Mediation and collaboration should always be used before taking escalating legal actions.
- Lawyers should always be passionate about their job and what they do.
- It is extremely important to make sure the needs and requirements of the clients are honored and focused on in detail.
- FACULTY, Family Law University III, MICPEL (2004)
- GUEST SPEAKER, Turning Point, Community College of Baltimore County, Essex Campus
- GUEST SPEAKER, York County Bar Association, Family Law in Maryland(1999)
- PANEL MEMBER, MDEC program, MSBA Annual Convention (2018)
- PANEL MEMBER, MACRO ADR Conference, Judicial Training Institute (2006)
- PANEL MEMBER, MSBA Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Council Spring Dinner (2005)
- ADR SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE PROGRAM, Circuit Court for Wicomico County; Salisbury, Maryland
- MEDIATOR, District Court of Maryland
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, Anne Arundel County Community College (2007/2008 School Year)
Law Office Practice and Technology, Paralegal Studies Program
- CHIEF PRO SE ATTORNEY, Pro Se Clinic (2004 - 2007)
- FACILITATOR, Contempt Pre-Hearing Conference Program (2005 - 2007)
- FAMILY LAW HOTLINE VOLUNTEER, The Women's Law Center of Maryland (1997-2003)
- FACULTY MEMBER, MSBA Professionalism Course
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS
- Advanced Collaborative Law Training
- Collaborative Law Training
- 20-Hour MICPEL Domestic Mediation Skills Workshop
- 40-Hour MICPEL Mediation Skills Workshop
- 8-Hour Facilitation/Settlement Conf Skills Training District Court of Maryland, Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs
- Domestic Violence Training, Maryland Judiciary
- Collaborative Law Training, AOC
- Numerous continuing legal education courses through MICPEL, National Business Institute, Inc., etc.
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Wicomico County Bar Association
- MSBA, SOLO AND SMALL FIRM SECTION COUNCIL
Member (2017 to present)
- ASSOCIATION OF FAMILY AND CONCILIATION COURTS
Ambassador Board (2017-2018)
- CHARACTER COMMITTEE FOR THE BOARD OF BAR EXAMINERS
Member, Second Appellate Circuit (1995 - March 2007)
- MARYLAND COLLABORATIVE LAW ASSOCIATION, INC.
President (February 2004 - March 2005)
Board of Directors (February 2004 - March 2007)
Founding Member (February 2004)
- MARYLAND COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE COUNCIL, INC.
Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- WOMEN'S BAR ASSOCIATION
Member, Lower Eastern Shore Chapter (2007 - 2015)
Member, Baltimore Chapter (2006 - 2007)
Vice President of Baltimore Chapter (2006 - 2007)
- FAMILY LAW COMMITTEE, Baltimore County Bar Association
Chairperson (2000 - 2001)
Vice-chairperson (1999 - 2000)
- ADR COMMITTEE, Baltimore County Bar Association
Chairperson (2004 - 2005)
Vice-chairperson (2003 - 2004)
- University of Baltimore, School of Law, Baltimore, MD
Juris Doctor, May 1992
- The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Arts in Social and Behavioral Sciences, May 1989